Source Code | Documentation | Metrics
Tired of your old & easy survival worlds? Try Sudden Death.
It will give you a hard time surviving and will add uniqueness to your server by
implementing loads of new different hardcore features, as well as cool abilities for monsters.
Latest Build works on 1.14+
Latest Build for 1.13: 1.6.11 (Jun 11, 2021)
Latest Build for Legacy: 1.5.4 (Dec 22, 2018)
- Bleeding: players can start bleeding anytime when taking damage! Bleeding deals damage on time and can be stopped using a Bandage.
- Infection: a zombie attack can cause an Infection to a player. He will slowly lose life and see strong halucinations (confusion and strange background noises). Infection can be stopped using a Strange Brew.
- During a Bloodmoon, only zombies with Speed, Resistance and Strength will spawn. Players take additional damage and are slowed when taking damage. A bloodmoon has a small chance to appear when night arrives.
- Thunderstorm: lightning bolts randomly appear around players. Lightning bolts deal additional AoE damage and knockback. A thunderstorm has a small chance to appear when a regular storm begins.
- Monsters deal more damage, take less damage and walk faster.
- Players get slowed down when hit by an arrow.
- Players walk slower when wearing an iron, gold or diamond armor set.
- Players get permanent nausea when hungry.
- High falls cause players to be slowed down for a few seconds.
- Players drop bones, raw human flesh and a custom skull.
- Players take damage when punching stone.
- Players can get an electricity shock when walking on redstone wires, torches, repeaters and comparators.
- Coal ores can explode when mined by players.
- Monsters can deal critical strikes when attacking players.
- Silverfishes spawn when zombies die.
- Spiders can powerfully leap on players.
- Creepers can explode when dying.
- Players get blinded when hitting endermen, shulkers, endermites and enderdragons.
- Players get poisoned when hitting slimes.
- Skeleton arrows shock players for a few seconds (quickly move their camera; really annoying).
- Zombies get mad (Speed & Strength) when taking damage.
- Skeleton can throw exploding & player-killing bone grenades!
- Spiders shoot slowing and damaging cobwebs at players!
- Magma cubes, pigmen and blazes can reflect player attacks using a magma shield.
- Blazes can summon beams of fire that ignite nearby players.
- Witches can summon a magical shield to block player attacks.
- Witches summon old runes (linear projectiles) that attack nearby players and slow them down.
- Wither Skeletons can quickly blink to players, dealing damage.
- Wither Skeletons can fire damaging coal pieces.
- Undead Gunners, zombies shooting exploding rockets at players!
- Bone Wizards, skeletons that can summon firebolts and ice curses to kill players.
- Freddy, an enderman who can be summoned when a player leaves his bed.
You can create custom monsters with configurable stats and spawn chance! This system is not as complete as a full mob solution like MythicMobs (e.g there's no option for drops), however if you don't want to spend hours on configuring mobs, you may try the custom mob system from SuddenDeath. Here is the list of the mob attributes you can edit:
- Attack Damage (1.9+)
- Maximum Health
- Movement Speed (1.9+)
- Right & Left Hands
- Display Name
- Enchantments & leather armor colors for equiped items
- Spawn Chance
- Potion Effects
5 Custom Difficulties
Players can select among the 5 different difficulties the one that fits the most their playstyle! Difficulties increase damage taken by all sources and reduce the players' max health. The difficulties are:
- Sandbox (100% damage, 20 max health)
- Death Wish
- Sudden Death (200% damage, 10 max health): players with no armor get annihilated by a stone sword attack.
- Admins can use the admin GUI (/sds admin) to see all features, and to disable/enable them in specific worlds.
Spoiler: Admin GUI
- Players can access a menu that shows them if they're bleeding/infected by using /sds. This menu also lets them choose their difficulty.
Spoiler: Player GUI
- Cool particle & sound effects for every ability
- All non-admin messages & GUIs can be translated
- WorldGuard flags
- Full tab completion system
- /sds shows your current status (bleeding, infected...).
- /sds admin opens up the Admin GUI, where operators can freely enable and disable features.
- /sds get <item-name> gives you a specific plugin item.
- /sds itemlist shows every custom item, and how to get them.
- /sds reload reloads the configuration file (pretty useless).
- /sds clean removes bleeding, infected... effects.
- /sds help shows the available commands.
- /sdmob create <type> <mob-id> creates a new custom monster.
- /sdmob remove <type> <mob-id> deletes an existing monster.
- /sdmob edit <type> <mob-id> opens the Mob Editor GUI.
- /sdmob list type shows supported monster types.
- /sdmob list <type> shows every custom mob of a certain type.
- suddendeath.status allows you to open the status GUI. It is supposed be the only permission normal players have.
- suddendeath.op allows you to do every other OP plugin command.
- suddendeath.update-notify prompts a notification on login when an update is available.
- suddendeath.difficulty.* lets you choose your difficulty using /sds.
While downloading the plugin, you agree to the following:
- You are not allowed to redistribute, resell, or give this plugin to anyone else.
- You are not allowed to modify or decompile the plugin.
- You can only use it for your network.
- You are allowed to download this plugin from the official site only.
- Bugs may be reported in the discussion section.
- I reserve the right to change the terms at any time; therefore you have to agree the most recent version of them.
- There will be no refunds.